To qualify for the apprenticeship program one has to meet and/or be able to do the following:
* must be at least 18 years of age.
* must be a high school graduate/GED with one full credit in Algebra
* must obtain a minimum score of Aptitude test measuring basic reading and math skills
* must be able to lift, carry and manipulate tools and materials common to the trade.
* must be able to read, hear, understand and follow written and verbal instructions
* must be willing to follow instructions and to work cooperatively with others
* must be able and willing to follow safety procedures.
* must be able to get to and from sites anywhere in the jurisdiction.
The ETA will accept college or post-high school credit to meet Algebra requirements. One may also complete NJATC online math course to meet Algebra requirement.
While most work is in, around or near the Asheville City area, apprentices are subject to assignments in the counties of: Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, Yancey
Veterans must provide DD214
We do NOT discriminate against anyone (applicant or apprentice) for any reason with regards to race, color, religion, national origin, or sex for those 18 years of age or older.